Sunday, April 5, 2009

Almond-Crusted Zucchini bread

I've never made zucchini bread before, but I found a great recipe online at 5 Second Rule for whole wheat zucchini bread. I didn't have whole wheat flour on hand, but this came out very soft and hearty nonetheless. The ground almonds add some substance and moisture without making it oily.

Pulverizing the almonds:


Grating the zucchini. I think there must be a fancier way to get this done, but I love my box grater, and I use it a lot. It's great for cutting down carrots, zucchini, cold butter, whatever else for baked goods.


The recipe is not that sugary, either. It's all dark brown sugar, and not a lot of it, but does make it nice and soft and substantial. Folding the zucchini into the wet mixture.


I had leftover almonds, so I also sprinkled the top of the loaf with the ground almonds to make a crust.

And finally, cut and ready to eat.


It was actually quite delicious. Good way to sneak some vegetables into your diet.

No comments: