Monday, August 11, 2008

When in doubt...

...ask Mom.

So I was over at Nanda's house this evening, trying to make French macarons (I'll tell you all about our sorry failed attempt later, with visual aids). I got to chatting with her mom, and Nanda mentioned how I tried to make naan.

I told her how I couldn't get it to bubble on both sides, and she said, "Oh. You have to keep flipping it over." She demonstrated with a few waves of her hand, and it was literally like flip-flip-flip, nonstop. That is why my naan was a flapjack on one side.

They need to put these things in the recipe! You know how it's said that folks always withhold something in their recipes -- just so that any attempt to recreate their food won't be quite the same. Sigh.

So there you have it. Keep flipping. And don't forget to ask Mom.

No comments: