Monday, August 4, 2008

Oven Baked Fries

I made some fries today for lunch. I've never made them before, but I figured it wasn't that hard.

I cut up two baking potatoes into large French fries. I was sort of surprised by how few fries two potatoes produce. The photo below shows how many fries I got out of one potato. Only 15, tops. Imagine how many potatoes you're really eating with those huge orders of fries at a restaurant...


Then, I blanched the fries for a few minutes in boiling water:


After removing the fries from the water, I did a quick toss with vegetable oil, salt, and Old Bay seasoning. Then, I spread them out in one layer on a baking sheet and put them in the oven at 425 degrees.


The instructions I found online seemed to indicate that the fries would only need about 15-20 minutes for baking potatoes, but I found that, in my oven, it took closer to 25-30 minutes. I flipped the fries over halfway through.

Et voila.


If you ask me, these came out fairly tasty for being oven-baked at home. They were crispy enough (maybe I need to increase the oven temperature next time), and the insides were nice and soft.

1 comment:

javieth said...

when i bought my house throught costa rica homes for sale i wanted a great kitchen with a big space to put a big oven. Now i can baking every kind of cakes in there.