Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pie tips

I am slowly learning my way through the minefield of pie baking. For those who are learning along with me, I find that this handy site has great tips for any pie baking questions you have.

I feel like pies have been neglected in this era of trendy cupcakes and such. Someone needs to bring them back! (Watch out, cupcake fans, I'm about to utter heresy.) I feel cupcakes are inherently... sort of selfish? I mean, you just have your one cupcake, for you and you alone. But a pie? Now that is something to share. Pies are inherently... homey.

Anyone ever see that movie, Waitress? If any movie can make you love pie, that one can. :) And the TV show, Pushing Daisies, naturally.

2 comments:

shippo said...

i looove pie! and pushing daisies... :D and lee pace, while we're at it... hahha! apple pie is one of the things on my list of things to make before i can buy more cookbooks and bakeware... hehe~

scmom (Barbara) said...

I love to bake pie, too. It's so homey. And you're right, pies are so NOT selfish.

I just added your blog to my favorites. And I'm going to be adding a Butterscotch Pie recipe to my site tomorrow.