Saturday, May 31, 2008

Macaroon cheesecake

Coconut cheesecake in graham cracker crust, topped with toasted coconut and served with pineapple topping.

The folks at work had been asking me for another cheesecake for a while, so when I saw that cream cheese was on sale at Giant this week, I took it as a sign to finally follow up my peanut butter cheesecake with something else. But what?

Coconut seems to be on my mind this month. Macaroon cheesecake it is!

I took a cue from my key-wi lime pie and after pressing in the graham cracker crumbs, I dusted the bottom of the crust with shredded coconut.


In my normal cheesecake batter, I substituted the regular milk for coconut milk.


I also added some shredded coconut into the cheesecake batter. With the added sweetness of the coconut and the coconut milk, I cut the sugar in the recipe by half a cup.

While the cheesecake baked, I toasted some shredded coconut by heating it on a frying pan. I also made some pineapple topping (diced pineapples, lemon juice, honey, apricot jam), just in case folks wanted a little something extra.


The final product, all assembled. I didn't want to take the springform pan apart just yet, so bear with me. But you get the idea.


It was quite good! :) I'm pleased with the results.

No comments: