Sunday, May 18, 2008

Chocolate Pecan cookies

Chocolate chunk cookies with pecans and oats.

I made another batch of cookies for Irene's birthday. These were just of the normal variety, because I still hadn't quite figured out how to hide the banana flavor just yet.

Just your garden-variety cookie. I chopped up a block of semi-sweet chocolate into chunks, and chopped up some pecans. Those, along with some rolled oats, went into the cookie batter.


All mixed together, onto the baking sheet they went.


Now, you're wondering about me using parchment paper for baking. Yes, it does help in that your cookies don't stick to the baking sheet, but I am under the belief that you just need to grease and flour your baking sheet really well, and parchment paper isn't really necessary. Reduce your paper waste if you can, you know?

Having said that, you wonder why I'm baking with parchment paper. This paper above was actually reused from the time I made the vegan cookies. The vegan cookie batch was my first time using parchment paper on a baking sheet -- just to see what everyone was fussing about -- and I honestly could not see any obvious benefit from it.

So this is me, telling you, baker a baker, that you really don't need it. Trust me, because I've tried it.

Anyway!


I boxed the cookies and shipped them off to Irene's lab, where she's spending half the summer doing bird research. I hope they keep well!

No comments: