Sunday, March 16, 2008

That time of year again

Spring is in the air, and that means... fresh produce! Yesssss.

Here are a few links to some good resources if you're on the lookout for fresh produce in the Maryland/DC area.

What's in season. I always aim to eat what's in season. The stuff that's in the right season tastes better, especially if you buy locally. And doesn't that make you feel more in tune with nature, knowing you're eating what you're supposed to be eating for this time of year? No? Well, just in case you're curious. Oh, this link is good, too.

CSAs in Maryland. A handy-dandy index -- although beware that some of the links are outdated. But a good place to get started. What's a CSA, you ask? Take a read here. I'd buy a share myself, but I believe the share that you get is too much for me to consume by myself. I just go with the farmer's market approach.

Speaking of.

Farmer's markets in Maryland. Right now, dates and times are applicable for the 2007 growing season, so I'd be on the lookout for any updates for 2008. Also, it might be worth checking out DC area produce and markets.

1 comment:

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

Great post! :)

I am originally from MD - grew up in Montgomery County!

Welcome to The Foodie BLogroll!