Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fondant! Yay!

I've been on the search for fondant for... forever. Not many stores sell it -- well, I suppose I just didn't know where to look. But, to my surprise, there is a GREAT kitchen supply store in my own backyard. (Well, nearly. It's in Tyson's Galleria, right by where I work.) Sur la Table has almost everything cooking related you could ever want. And folks, I think this is love. If it's wrong to love a kitchen supply store, then I never want to be right.

And look! Fondant!


Plus food color gel, and shape cutters, and glitter sprinkles. I don't actually like eating fondant, but I've always wanted to try decorating with it.

All the pieces are coming together for my Good Fortune cupcakes. Mwahahah.

1 comment:

shippo said...

i didn't know we had a sur la table at Tysons! O_O ooh, how exciting... oh man, i know where my money's gonna be going soon.... ^__^v

Anyway, yay for your blog and your cupcakes! i'll be checking this often now, especially in anticipation of your upcoming cakes! ^__^ you should check out my food blog... i haven't actually made cupcakes in a LONG time (i tend to stick with actual cakes or loafs of quickbread because i'm lazy... whee!)