Monday, February 18, 2008

Finger Food bento (2)

Okay, I think I am a little obsessed now. Just a little. But we've all gotta eat lunch, right? Might as well make it pretty. Food is meant to be enjoyed with all your senses (including your eyes), after all.


On the right, we've got sliced tomato, celery sticks, sliced cucumber, sliced Golden Delicious apple, a few cubes of white cheddar cheese, and a handful of Wheat Thins. The tomato and celery are in a foil baking cup, and the cheese is in a paper baking cup, to keep the wet and dry items separated. You can't see it, but hidden under the cheese are two little Lorna Doone cookies.

On the left, we've got about 2 tablespoons each of ranch dressing and roasted red pepper hummus. They're in foil baking cups. Hidden under the dips is more sliced cucumber, and there are some stuck around the edges of the box as "gap fillers" too.

What else.... I sprinkled some paprika on top of the hummus for a little extra oomph. I dunked the apples in this sort of "lemonade" -- a bit of water, a few teaspoons of lemon juice, and a dash of sugar (to cut the sour) -- to keep them from turning brown.

A lot of freaking food, in a small space! I am so proud of myself. Not as visually stunning as my first, for some odd reason, but DUDE. I cannot wait to eat it.

No comments: